Nail Polish Review - Essie Winter 2014 Collection (Part 1) - Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Lo

21 October 2014

PART 2: Click HERE for Part 2 of the essie Winter 2014 Collection.

Remember when I posted the press release for the essie Winter 2014 Collection? Essie's PR firm was kind enough to send me 3 of the 6 shades to swatch and review! And I just placed my order for the remaining 3 shades from nailpolishcanada.com so I will update this post once I receive my order. 
 

Overall Comments:
I don't immediately think of Winter when I look at this collection but once I swatched them, I fell in love! These shades look so chic and I couldn't stop staring at my nails! I can totally see myself wearing these during the holiday/winter season to parties and to get a break from the traditional reds and dark vampy colours. In terms of formula, the creme shades had a crelly type formula that looked so glossy and squishy and beautiful... but it did need a few coats for opacity.

jiggle hi, jiggle low: molten (white) gold
Colour: White-Gold | Finish: Foil | # of Coats: 3 | Topcoat: No | Rating: 10/10

Comments: Although essie describes this as a molten gold, I see it as a white-gold because of the strong silvery quality to it. Like most foil finishes, the formula was very smooth and easy to apply. You could definitely get away with wearing just 2 coats but I added a 3rd coat because I felt it wasn't 100% opaque for such close up pictures. I think it is a beautiful shade for the holiday season and a great way to elevate the traditional gold foil.

essie jiggle hi, jiggle low

tuck it in my tux: silken ivory creme
Colour: Ivory White | Finish: Crelly | # of Coats: 3 | Topcoat: No | Rating: 8/10

Comments: The bottle shots in the press release made me think this would be a beige-r but it leans a little grey against my skin colour. The slight tint and crelly formula makes this shade a lot more interesting than a basic white creme. In fact, the colour and finish gives this polish a very delicate, glossy and deliciously squishy look. I can see myself using this as a base for nail art or wearing it plan for super chic clean nails!

essie tuck it in my tux

back in the limo: sheer ripe melon
Colour: Melon Orange  | Finish: Crelly | # of Coats: 3 | Topcoat: No | Rating: 10/10

Comments: My swatch does not do this beauty any justice! Essie's description is so bang on and the crelly formula is just so chic and squishy. I hate photographing such colours but IRL it looks so amazing and girly and beautiful. I believe this shade will suit just about everyone and is a great basic colour to add to anyone's collection. I truly didn't expect to like this as much as I did.

essie back in the limo

I hope you enjoyed reading my thoughts on this partial collection. As I already mentioned, I have ordered the remaining 3 shades and will provide an update once I receive and swatch them.

My current favourite is definitely back in the limo. Which one is your favourite? I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments!

- Hetal

5 comments:

  1. I was super curious how these polishes look on the nails and they exceeded all my expectations! Love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I wasn't 100% sure I'd like some of the colours based on the press release but they look very luxurious on the nails... like you're headed to a very expensive party!

      Delete
  2. There all very nice. Not what I would have expected to see in a winter collection but there great colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! I totally agree... not your typical winter collection but it definitely has everyone talking!

      Delete
  3. You also need to maintain a balanced diet so that your hair gets all the vitamins and nutrients it needs. satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top